Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tell me something…where yo………[sic]………band at?

So being as we had missed the performance, AND gotten some angry stares in the process…we decided to make amends and go to applebee’s…so as everyone is cramming into cars…Josh and I said, hell, we might as well do the same…and that’s what we did. We rode with Desirae (band manager), Angela (singer), and George (singer/josh’s roommate)…first, we went to the nearest applebee’s…everyone, except me, is fussing about the bitch at Solomon’s Porch who decided to cut the show down b/c she had another band coming in (which explains why Josh and I missed it)…and all I distinctly remember from that ride are several people saying they were gonna “snatch a bitch” and that “this is the wrong applebee’s, they went to the one downtown”…the second part was most pertinent to me, b/c my hotel was downtown [yay me!, right?]…so desirae continues to drive, and she finally drops Josh and I off…b/c the they were going to a meeting somewhere else…anyway, we go bebopping up in applebee’s and we don’t see one band member…NOT ONE…shadey, right?lol…so, we’re standing there like boo-boo the fool before Josh says, well, let’s go to Juniors and get a slice of cake/pie…so we take a quick trip across the street, where he gets the strawberry cheesecake, and I get the apple pie…[sidenote: don’t waste your money…I could have gotten better pie by going to the frozen section of kroger’s and buying a mrs. Smith apple pie]…then we called George to see where they were…surprisingly, only a few blocks away at this place called La Pequeña…so, once again, Josh and I hightail it like 7-8 blocks and then go into Moes, which is where they’re waiting until their table is ready…so we’re hanging out and laughing and stuff…





just a really chill environment…now, angela is hungry as hell, and she is watching George’s phone for any sign of a call from La Pequeña that the table is ready…lol, but she’s trying to play it cool…and we’re making the usual chit-chat about their performance…again the words, “snatch a bitch” are thrown around and I laugh at the thought, before we get the call…and angela is not playing any games…she is up, ready…and ushering people to the door [lol]…so we hustle over to the restaurant…and when they say La Pequeña…they really mean it…I mean, thank God we all sorta knew each other or else, it could have been awkward…but it was cool…I was full so I didn’t order anything except some Mexican soda [Sandia] and they ordered everything from plantains to blackbean soup, kaluaha and coffee to lemon margaritas…all in all, we had a fun night [check the pics] and I met some really cool people…especially Desirae…she had me rolling…really…that’s one funny bitch, lol…but as all good things must come to an end, the night was finally over, and I needed to be heading home to get in the bed…so, b/c they were all going to Brooklyn and I was just going a stop over, I took the subway [by myself…I know…go me!!!!lol] and they hopped in the car and headed on home. By the time I got back to my hotel room, I was dog tired…but excited and ready to begin my new adventure that I was sure to occur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW that sounds like quite the evening. Damn now my outter-fat person wants some apple pie and cheesecake LOL. And "ride a SUBWAY" .... wooo hoooo!! I'm hungry and horny... wooo... gotta make sure I keep my ID under wraps... You was also getting a good work out runnin them blocks... and please tell me about this "snatch a bitch" business. It sounds like something I might be good at. We miss you Chris