Saturday, January 10, 2009

Introductions all around


So, it's 12:34am here in Nashville, TN...and as usual, i'm sitting on my couch on a Friday night watching movies....all by myself (boo-hoo for me, i know). Anywho, i decided since i'm not doing anything else, i might as well start a blog...try something different by writing down my thoughts instead of letting them run free in my head. So, i figured i should introduce myself before this thing starts rolling. I'm Christopher...22...a grad student at Vanderbilt...and if you haven't already been able to deduce...i lead a semi-boring life (again...tear). i'm basically a homebody, so i guess i can't really complain, but sometimes staying in this house all by myself is just so damn boring...at times i wish i had a roommate, but then i know if i did, i'd be ready for their ass to leave just as quick. So, as this blog will not only be about me, it'll be about the lives of my friends too...i figure i they
should make an appearance too....so here goes....in no particular order (or is it....hmmm):


Khaleh, f, 22

my bff since 6th grade...we are practically family (scratch that...we are family. when i go home to visit my family, after i've seen my folks and stuff, i head straight to khaleh's to interact with her family. we go way back and i don't know what i'd do without her...we're basically the same person, the only difference is she has a vagina and i have a penis (yes, i said it!)







Marlon, m, 23
So Marlon is my best friend from college. he is a damn fool...in every sense of the word...but he's my boy. when i need to laugh or just talk to someone, marlon is the one that i can go to...SOMETIMES (he be acting up sometimes, though). he's cool though...mad chill...with one of those grandpa type voices...he's hilarity at it's best










Jamille, f, 24

This is my friend Jamille...who affectionately goes by the nickname scoop. i however refer to her as my "rude bitch"....b/c she has absolutely no problem telling it to you just like it is...with no damn pretense. i love her though....she's also in my program, so we're really just some nerds trying to better ourselves. Now, just b/c she's getting her phd doesn't mean, she's no fun...she's my weed smoking, alcohol drinking, man chasing, cursing like a sailor friend....and i wouldn't have it any other way...with her rude ass.





Shenika, f, 24

another one of the people i've met here in nashville...shenika is also in my program...joining our fellow legion of nerds....and bringing the total count of black people up at vanderbilt to umm.....8 (lol...i kid...i kid). she's like the mother of the group...always making sure we know what we're supposed to be doing....checking in on us...you know...the regular. she's really cool though...she will laugh her ass off at just about anything, so make sure you don't say anything funny to her in class...i know this from personal experience...no damn control...lol...but that's why we love her...sometimes (kidding...you know we do)







Randall aka RandyCash, m, 21
so, randall is like the newest addition to my circle of friends...an instant bff you could say...he goes to school in atlanta and our meeting was so random...but that's neither here nor there, hmmm...(inside thing)...he's basically me...only taller (6'3)....and thinner....we both have come to the realization that we have no filter (at least i know i don't)...and that we're both funny as shit (cmon self-confidence)lol...he's cool though...the first night we met...we talked for umm...10 hours straight about the most random of things...i met his brothers...watched his youtube videos...and literally laughed my ass off...he is one hell of a guy...the typical, but not so typical college student who loves his friends and likes to get low (and i'm not talking about dancing...hmmm, lol)










David, m, 23
ok, so i've known david for what feels like forever, but it has really only been 7 months...i met him before i left moved to TN and we've been attached ever since...he is the most neurotic...anxiety-driven...worrisome man that i have ever met. i can't get mad at him because i used to be the same way, so i try and help to ease his fears with advice from experience, but there is just no pleasing david...i think he secretly likes those feelings (kidding D)...but he's really cool...a nerd like the majority of my friends...and he's totally not afraid to admit it (which i love)...his weaknesses...video games and exercise...he will literally stop or delay a conversation to play some game or to get in some exercise...to each his own, but i just can't do it (yeah, i'm lazy...so what!?!)




Aurnell,m, 22
now aurnell and i go way back....like summer 2004 PCI...oh, the hell we went through that summer...lol...he was my roommate during most of my time at PV...so basically every year after my freshmen year...and Lord did we have some times. There are times when i wanted to choke the shit out of him...like when he started a fire in our kitchen...hmmm....but, clearly it was all out of love. i've even went and stayed at his house during hurricane katrina...met the parentals and the sister...just become a real part of the family...he's like a brother to me...although his ass did transfer the year i graduated...but it was cool...he had to do what was best for him. he's also my cuban blood...i'll say whatever the fuck i want...bitch don't try me b/c i'll make you cry like no other type friend...and i love every minute of it...he knows what to say and when to say it and it's funny as shit...he don't play no games, so don't cross him...but he knows i'll whip that ass if he gets out of line, lol...just kidding....or am i...i can't wait to see you again.

Phoenix, m, 22
last but not least is my friend Phoenix aka Joshua...he's a texas friend of mine who, as he put it, lived in East Bumfuck Egypt, while I lived in West Bumfuck Egypt...yes, Phoenix is that kind of person...he doesn't mind telling you how he feels, but he's never mean about it...it's just...umm...him. i love him to death...he's a nice guy trying to make it on his own up in the big apple...and if i must say so myself, he's doing a wonderful job...he is one of the people that i will be hanging with when i jet off to NY, so i know that i will be laughing the entire time that i'm there and will get to see the real NY...b/c phoenix is just that...real...so i don't expect him to show me the glitz and glamour, just the gritty and real...which i'm so up for...btw, isn't his skin just so perfect...i hate him for it, but it's fine...we can't all be perfect, lol...love you buddy!



No comments: