Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm here....and look who I found

so, my trip to brooklyn began with my flight being delayed by an hour...thanks delta...but it was cool...i had nothing but time on my hands, right?...right!...so i finally my plane arrives and i'm back to being excited...little did i know what was in store for me when i took my seat...so, i'm sitting there putting on my seatbelt...getting comfortable in my seat...when i see this asian family approaching the back of the plane...now, i had seen this family before my plane arrived and i'd thought to myself...damn, i just know with all my heart that i am going to end up sitting by them in some kind of way...which would have been fine, if it wasn't for the way that they were acting. first, of all...they were talking in their native language...LOUD AS HELL...i mean, the grandmother, must have been deaf, b/c this bitch was yelling everything...and I do mean everything...and on top of that...they had a baby...ugh!...take me now Jesus...so, we board and then where do i find myself...right in between the mother and grandmother...with the father sitting directly across from me....shit...it's gonna be a long flight...then, my flight attendent, who i've named faith evans [read: Robert] is just trying to talk to the grandmother telling her to lower her voice for the sake of the other passengers [read: STFU!]...but she doesn't speak english and was acting like she really didn't give a fuck...so yeah...that's how my flight went...but being me, i ate my delta provided snack [see pic] and took my ass to sleep for the duration of the flight...so enought of my boring flight...when i landed, i was greeted by my good friend nyles...remember him?...the guy who was sick...well, surprise...he's feeling better....yay!!!lol...yeah, he met me at the airport and we started our 11 mile trek to my hotel from JFK...via the subway, of course...it's too damn cold for us to walk anyway in NY, although it's colder in nashville than here...go figure...so, we get on the subway and of course nyles is his wonderful, witty self...who has me in hysterics the entire ride...he's telling me about life in brooklyn...we're laughing at the people on the subway...and of course, this eventually led to us snapping a couple of photos for posterity...i mean, i have to document my time here right?...so we make it to the hotel and check in....and although, i'm tired...i am also hungry...peanuts and some sprite just are not going to satisfy the 450lb white woman who is living inside me...so, of course this means that we're sitting around in my room trying to make a decision on where to go...mind you, this is how nyles was for the entire decision making procedure [see pic to the right]...asking me what i had a taste for...honestly, i could have killed a person on the street and eaten them b/c that's the way I was feeling...[note the use of the word feeling]...but finally, nyles said fuck it, we're going to Spice, which is a thai restaurant...and me being the country bumpkin and hungry person that i was just agreed...but after the experience that nyles and i had when we went there...i think neither of us will be returning...at least to that location....just marinate on that and try and figure out WHAT WENT WRONG!lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lmao~! 450 lb white woman living inside me... that's my new excuse!!