Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sick of Being Lonely....

So, i bet you're wondering why i have a picture of field mob up, right?...well, it has come to my attention that dammit, like their song says, i'm "SICK OF BEING LONELY"...it seems that whenever i talk to any of my friends (so quietly...thanks DC3), they don't just have one love interest...they have multiple ones...hell, i can't even get someone to look my damn way...so, i was talking to my friend Randycash (remember him from the earlier post) and his reasoning was that, "i have the goods, but i just don't know how to flaunt it"...which of course may be true...for those of you who weren't there in my earlier life, you don't know that i used to be...umm...what's the word i'm looking for...FAT...yes, that's it. yep, i was short and fat...and this even led me to having the nickname "Chubster" by my two older brothers...mind you...i thought it had no affect on me, but clearly it has...b/c now i'm self-conscience about everything i do...how i look in certain clothes...how people perceive me...relationships...etc....being fat has caused me to overcompensate...i always had to be the smartest (thanks for stealing that from me Khaleh, lol)...the nicest...the friendliest...the kindest...and though it's ok to be those things...i think they've actually hindered me...b/c now, most of my relationships with people are based on me being their friend...nothing more...i'm permanently stuck in the friend zone because my overcompensating personality has caused me to be placed there...i was talking to marlon a while ago, and i told him that i felt like i was going to be one of those people who were permanently alone...and he just laughed and said i was crazy...but i don't know...i feel that way sometimes...but the real kicker is that a lot of my friends come to me for relationship advice...ME!...the person with the least experience...and i give great damn advice (not to toot my own horn but....beep! beep!)...well, hopefully, it's not true...and i'm talking crazy...but it certainly feels like it...maybe one day, i'll gain some extreme self-confidence and have to beat people off with a stick...but for now, i'll resign myself to living alone...sleeping in my bed alone...sharing my special moments with no one....sad really, but true...pray that it doesn't last forever....later!

3 comments:

Randy Cash said...

So i love this post.... its sooo relateable.... i noe it may seem like we all have love interest but truth be told... I WAS FAT!!! MY SKIN WAS CRAZYYYY!!! and nobody liked me.... ur great.... perfect boyfriend material! muahzers~

xoxo
Randy Cash

Keri Bradshaw said...

Oh Rasha, (thinks that name is ridiculous) I i agree with Randy, everyone can relate to this. I used to be pencil skinny with big ass glasses and crazy wacky hair. I have always been the best supporting actor, the funny friend, they one people ask for relationship advice for.... ugh... anyway. We can be like that movie my best friends wedding with julia roberts. if we arent married by 30, we will marry each other... On second though can it be 27? id like to start my family young.

keri bradshaw
keribradshaw.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Hey Chris, this is perhaps all true but I see this all changing for you soon! You were able to explain this phenomena so eloquently that your only next step now is changing it! You're absolutely wonderful!! And completelely allowed to toot your owb horn! LOL! You got dem goods! It's time to get our there and start hollerin at folk! Kick up that swagger, baby!