Wednesday, January 21, 2009

H-Town Stand UP!


So…first, let me just go ahead and apologize that these blog posts are days late, but oh, well….i was in NY and I really wasn’t worried about blogging too much. Any who….the title of this post was inspired by my good friend Joshua Phoenix Babineaux….he moved to Brooklyn like 2 years ago and I haven’t seen him since…one reason we never saw each other when I was in Houston was because he loved in East Bumfuck Egypt and I lived in West Bumfuck Egypt….so….unfortunately, we were unable to hang out like we planned a dozen or so times…but anyway, when I found out I was going to Brooklyn…he was one of the first people that I called…and it was definitely the right move. Now my good friend Joshua came to downtown Brooklyn on what had to be the coldest day that I was there…and to make matters worse, the directions given to him required him to be lost for a little bit…now, Joshua is a little tight about the situation, so we won’t dwell on the reason for why he was lost…but let’s just all build a bridge over it and walk across it together….anyway, when he finally got to my hotel room, we just hung out for a while and caught up…he’s working in some office at H&M [I’m tight that I didn’t get to use his discount…but maybe if I come back for spring break…lol]…and I was telling him how school was going…blasé… blasé…blasé…then we both realized that oh, b/c we have fat people living inside of us…we should go get something to eat…b/c I was starving…so Joshua is asking me all the questions about what I like to eat…yada yada yada…and those who know me, know that, that is a mistake b/c I’m so picky and indecisive at times…so he leads to me this place called Dallas Barbecue [I think]…i know…picture me eating bbq with a fork and knife]…the place was really cool…crowded as hell…but Joshua said it was good, so we sat down at a table that clearly was put there to maximize the space…so I order the shrimp and chicken…and Joshua some Hennessy sauce wings (notice his happy face)…but before this arrives…Joshua is telling me that I HAVE TO have a drink…a margarita to be exact…and ya’ll know I don’t drink….he even had our waitress in on the act [bitch!lol]…and finally I relented…I had a regular size piña colada with a shot of vodka (something that starts with an “m”)…some mango mixture (see pics)…and he had a damn Texas size margarita (read: DRUNK!)with a shot of something…so I drank my piña colada and was going strong when my food arrived…mind you Joshua’s had not…and all he’d ordered was wings…i had a full damn meal…so I’m just eating away [b/c he told me it was ok, not b/c I’m rude] and he’s just sitting there………waiting. Slowly, as everyone else around us starts to get their food…I can tell that Josh is getting a tad pissed off…but just as he was about to explode and go off [read: when the red light comes on I transfooooooormmmm (thanks Danity Kane)]...his wings arrived and he was one happy negro...i mean, just look at the pics...can't you tell?...so after we ate, we went back to my hotel to put the food away and then off we headed to Solomon's Porch to hear a performance...Josh's roommate George is in a group, so we're hot-footing it to the subway and walking like hookers on the beat...only to arrive and be told that we've missed the performance...damn!...daMN!...DAMN!!! [cmon Florida Evans]...but it was cool b/c they were performing gain on sunday...so without any other plans Josh and I decided to join some of the band for dinner at applebee's...and this is where the shady part of the evening begins, but more on that later...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all this eating... LOL