Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cmon and lay your body down….no really, I’m tired as hell…

So today was my second official day in lab and it has been one hell of a day…but before I get into that, let me just tell you about the night leading up to my second day. Mind you, my first day was heaven…could it be because I was only in the lab for like 2 hours before I left? (hmm…I’ll let you be the judge)…anyway, being the good grad student that I am, when my mentor Bridget (I just learned her name…been talking to her all damn day today and was scared she say what’s my name….) asked me what time I’d be in today, I told her 9:30am…now I know that was a lie the minute it left my lips…but I said, oh, what the hell…it might come true. So, I leave…going home at like 4pm (read: early)…pleased with my performance and shit…now, they gave me a couple of papers to read, but I just could not bring myself to read them…idk…call me lazy…because clearly I had ample enough time to read at least one…but I didn’t (sue me!)…anyway, so I’m just lounging around all night…I go and hang out with Jamille and her friend Zay (read: boyfriend/husband)….and then I make it home about 11pm…so I figure it’s time to get in bed and try and force myself to sleep for my early day…didn’t happen! I was all on yahoo…and facebook…and everything else…mind you, it is now 12:15am….so as I try once again to shut my computer down (damn you devil!) I get a phone call. Now...people rarely call me….let alone this late at night, so I figure, important right?....nope! it was my cousin harry…the morehouse man…bored as hell in his prison cell of a room…I have to talk Harry - the culprit

to family right? So we get on the phone and we are on it for a good damn minute…I mean 2 hours…43 minutes….and 57 seconds….a looooooongggg ass minute….and the thing is, we didn’t really say anything to one another…it was a stream of consciousness type convo…I still don’t remember what the hell we talked about…but anyway, by the time it’s over…it’s damn near 3am….and my alarm rings early in the morning….6:30am to be exact…but I can handle it right? Wrong!!! I woke up running around like a chicken with my head cut off…panicked b/c I didn’t want a bad report my second damn day on the job…so…with all that rushing…I’m still leaving my house at 9:20am...10 minutes to go…mind you, I live 15 minutes away, plus, I have to park and walk to the building….on the other side of where the parking garage is…damn!!!...strike one. So…I fly to Vandy…speeding the whole way…to arrive at my lab at 10:15am…45 minutes AFTER my expected time of arrival…so, I’m expecting the worse….i walk in apologizing…doing my dance and shuffle (cmon minstrel show!)…only to find out that Bridget had just arrived…”oh, don’t worry about it, I was late too”….damn…I did all that for nothing…and now I’m tired as hell sitting in this lab…praying for a nap…I mean, a serious one!!! And I’m so bored, I decided to do this blog while I was here…b/c all I’ve done today is be Bridget’s shadow….the worst part about rotations…geez…I can’t wait to go home and get in my bed…crazy thing…Bridget is feeling the same way….i think I’m gonna like her….lol

No comments: