Saturday, January 10, 2009

Headed to NYC...lookin' mean in my skinny jean....

Ok...soooo, first of all...i'm not really going to NYC, i'm going to brooklyn...second, i won't be wearing skinny jeans...b/c umm...i haven't found any, lol...but yeah, so i'm headed to new york for like the 30th time...and it always gives me a thrill...you know...like it's the first time, everytime...i'd planned to stay with my friend nyles (hi nyles!!!)


but he's been sick and might be going home to detroit to recuperate with family...so i had to scramble like a single mother with the rent due to find a place to stay for the week that i'm there...just as a back-up b/c homeless in new york is not the business (chuch!)...so anyway, i've already been having like some of the most crazy moments ever since i booked my flight. first, nyles tells me he's moving and doesn't know if he'll be in a new place by the time i get there, so i might want to look for a hotel...ugh!...there goes $600-$700 out the window...and if i did that, i would be BROKE and no money = no shopping (say it ain't so, lol)...luckily nyles was just getting me all worked up for nothing...and thank God too b/c i really wasn't feeling shelling out that kind of money...so disaster averted...and i'm happy again...then today, he tells me about his mom wanting him to come home to recuperate...again, i go into full crisis mode...i can't really blame nyles b/c he has been telling me he was feeling sick and stuff and i know he's been going to the doctor constantly...so, i'm like fine...do what's best....lol...meanwhile, i'm dying in my head...so i immediately call my mother, my go-to gal for advice, and we discuss options...the first thing she says, no lie, is..."well, if you don't have someplace to stay, you're not going...i will lose all that money before i let you go"...i was like dang...i know this...so i bring up the idea of me charging a room...she's hesitant at first, b/c my (read: OUR) credit card is for emergencies...but i figured this counts as one, so...she caved...cut to me staying in a nice hotel for less than $600 (GO ME!!!)...and by less, i mean $5 less, lol...but it's really nice...the Nu Hotel in downtown Brooklyn (check my room!...but remember it's only a back-up plan...if nyles stays, i'll stay with him and keep my money...that means i can do more shopping lol)

No comments: