Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brooklyn bound...


Ok, so i'm sitting here in bed and the time is 10:58pm...and being the good grad student that i am, i am definitely not reading ahead...the thing that is really on my mind is my trip to brooklyn. i leave tomorrow at 2pm and arrive at 6:20pm (about 3 hours...i'm in central time)...and i'm so freaking excited...already, my friend Phoenix (aka Josh) has plans to take me out with him and his co-workers (semi-excited...not really a club person, but new state...new state of mind, right?)...so i'm all packed here...sitting...listening to my ipod and chatting and such (sidenote: i know the time this post says [10:58pm] and the time this is actually posted are different, but i have a life too you know!)...excited but nervous. it's not my first time to NY...but it is my first time going to brookly...AND it's also my first time going in the winter (i hope i don't freeze my balls off)...anyway, being from the south, i just already know that me and cold weather just don't mix...we're like oil and water...a fat girl and a salad...you get my point...just two things that should not even be in the same proximity to each other...but i'm trying. living here in nashville has taught me a thing or two about cold weather...the other day it was 27 degrees (check the pics)...and the highs ae usually in the upper 30s...tonights temperature...12 degrees!!!...(really? like wTf?!?)...it was 15 in brooklyn...the only thing missing here is snow...but let me not say that too loud or else the ground will be covered in the morning...but i think i will be ok in NY, i just have to try and not bust my ass on the ice and snow, lol...i will continually update my blog from there...and i'm thinking of adding a video (vlog) component...opinions....thoughts...ideas

Result of Nashville's Cold weather:






UPDATE:
January 16, 2009....the weather this morning, according to the radio and my car, was 7 fucking degrees...expected to feel like -2...like seriously...what the hell is going on? Ok...now back to freezing my ass off.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Bless your heart, My Brotha! Despite being from the Northeast, cold weather is the bane of my existence!